Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Entry 8

First, I have been involved in the fashion industry for four years. With that, I see how it is important to take care of the body image, not just for models, but also for designer, the press and the public interested on it. After several audition, I have seen many girls that are turned down because of one or more aspects of their look. It gets in a point where they feel dissatisfied with themselves because they cannot satisfy others; therefore, these girls do not achieve their desire to be out there. As a matter of facts, I chose to write about Body Dysmorphic Disorder because I feel like although it is not as common or known about as disorders like OCD and depression it will definitely be an issue in the near future. When it does become a common disorder, I feel that everyone should be aware and well informed. BDD has only been formally recognized as a medical disorder for a little over ten years, so research is in its early stages. BDD affects 1-2% of the American population, which seems to be an insignificant amount. However, researchers believe this number is inaccurate due to misdiagnosis or undiagnosed. Individuals who may have symptoms of BDD are often times to ashamed or unaware of their disorder to go see a doctor. Growing up, major disorders and health issues were always mentioned or taught throughout my high school years. BDD was not one of those disorders mentioned in order to spread awareness about BDD, health professionals, clinics and schools need to inform the general public as much as possible. As a result of being informed, possible BDD sufferers will be more likely to seek help and will have a better understanding of what is going on in their life. After learning all about symptoms, treatments, how it starts, how it process and affects the person’s life; also family member, I see that this disorder will increase if it not presented to the public now. As we see on my blog entry 5, there are so many ways that the media have been persuading people with that they want, and think it is good and right. As we are the little people and we cannot stop the media, we have to help ourselves and other close to us.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,

    Please let me introduce myself to you. My name is Cory Josue and I work for DigitalMoz.com from the Philippines. I have been in to your website and I am very impressed with the information you provide for your readers. There are very few websites that offer such resources as yours and to that, my two thumbs are up to you. No wonder if you have a good number of followers and readers that come to visit your website regularly because of the great resource you offer. :)

    I would like to support you in providing great resources for your readers. If you would allow our team to write a high quality content for you to publish to your site, it will be awesome. Do you have a particular topic that you want us to research on and write for you?

    Please do drop us a message so we can start working. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

    With kind regards,
    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete