Sunday, October 30, 2011

Entry 2

After doing my Counter Argument Essay I noticed my paper was more focuses in Body Dysmorphic Disorder and they surround practices like plastic surgery, psychological test and media influence. Before I was focused on the media influence on people view of beauty not including the disorder which is a big part of the generation seeing because of the advance of technology. Now using the right key terms for my research, I find articles that are very specific such as interview with people who have done several surgeries because they need to feel perfect, studies with people who have BDD and volunteered to expose themselves to reality that they have been hiding from. I see that my counter changed because at first I did not know enough about the issue, and I believe a lot of people are not aware of the disorder that is commonly seen in society.


The study “How Do People with Body Dysmorphic Disorder View Themselves? A Thematic Analysis”, shows how people see themselves by drawing a self-portrait. Eleven people with BDD are interview with a questionnaire based around life events, their perception of the self and their future. After drawing their view of themselves the increase of threat perception resulting in disordered interpersonal relationship is significant. Most of them developed BDD when they were in their adolescence, and some because of other peoples influence. Life has changed drastically to them, and it is just looking back that they appreciate life when they were happy. People develop Body Dysmorphic Disorder from all different sources, and they need to look back in their lives to revive the moments where the disorder was inexistent. Visual techniques are one of the most effective neuropsychologist methods. Doing these activities increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
This article proved to me that legalization of plastic surgery is necessary, so people who do have the disorder can understand their problem and be treated before undergo to surgeries. Legalization such as doing a psychological test in each patient before any image change is made. Most surgeons do surgeries in any patient, of course they have few visits before the surgery to make sure the patient understand what they want to get done and how the procedures go. However, I believe that more should be done. Doctors should be required to report psychological test to a medical entity that overview surgeries. One of the gaps I found is that more science has gone into the procedures than into understanding the need for them. There is a substantial amount of data claiming that other disorders such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Society Anxiety Disorder (SAD) and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) could also be underlining issues to the problem and associated with BDD. These key terms are very interesting when working together with BDD.

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete